Want to share your passion about mobile learning? Then apply to present at Mobile Learning Experience 2012!
Below is important information for those interested in presenting.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at Mobile Learning Experience 2012. As the premiere conference dedicated to mobile learning in K-12 education, Mobile2012 will offer dozens of quality breakout sessions April 11-13, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona.
Breakout sessions are one hour in length, so please propose a session that fits into that amount of time. If you have too much to jam into one hour, consider dividing up the topic and proposing two sessions. If you have material that will only fill a half hour then consider finding a partner to present with. These often make for a more interesting presentations, especially if you can set up two contrasting ideas.
Please make it clear in your description if your session might be more appropriate to beginning, intermediate, or advanced users. We want conference participants to have as much information as possible when selecting sessions to attend.
The deadline for presentation applications is November 16, 2011. We will contact you prior to January 10, 2012 to let you know if your proposal has been accepted.
We are particularly interested in sessions with a focus on personalized learning, project-based learning, collaborative learning, and the management of technology. We are also looking for sessions that are subject-specific (for example, math activities for primary students using iPad, using netbooks to improve middle school writing).
Remember, participants in your sessions won’t be happy with sage-on-the-stage style lectures. Mobile2012 will be accepting presentations that are interactive, foster conversations, and inspire.
If you know someone who would make a great presenter for our event, please send them a link to the proposal form.
We will be using the exact wording you provide on your application to create Mobile2012’s program, so enter your information as you would like it to be represented. Be sure to copyedit your work using proper grammar and punctuation. We thank you in advance for your proofreading.
Mobile Learning Experience 2012 is not able to pay presenters’ expenses. If your session is accepted, the lead presenter will receive a $50 discount on registration. Registration rates are:
- Early Bird registration with overnight accommodations: $695
- Early Bird registration without overnight accommodations: $495
- Regular registration with overnight accommodations: $895
- Regular registration without overnight accommodations: $695
Information we ask on the Call for Proposals form.
- Last Name – Lead presenter’s last name
- First Name – Lead presenter’s first name
- Email Address – We won’t publish this, but it’s needed so conference organizers can contact the lead presenter.
- City, State, Country – Where the lead presenter works or lives.
- School or Organization – Where the lead presenter works or wishes to be affiliated.
- Session Title – Under 11 words.
- Session Description – Sell your session in under 350 words. Make it exciting and specific so that participants know how they will be spending their hour with you. Indicate any apps that should be installed ahead of time. Write in third person since this exact text will appear in the program.
- Session Type – Select Lecture, Panel, Outdoor Activity, Hands-on, Vendor Showcase, Student Showcase
- Audience – Select all that apply for your intended audience.
- Devices – This is the spot to indicate if a specific device is the focus of your session.
- Willing to Repeat? – We may want to repeat come sessions. Do you mind repeating this session?
- Biography – Tell us about the lead presenter. This biography will appear on mobile2012.org and should be written in third person.
- Experience as a presenter – This will not be published anywhere, but it can help our team decide to accept your proposal.
- Links to personal videos, books, websites – This will not be published anywhere, but it can help our team decide to accept the proposal.
- Website – Enter the URL of your website. Your name will link to this URL from the Speakers page on mobile2012.org.
- Twitter – Enter the lead presenter’s Twitter URL (optional)
- Google Plus – Enter the lead presenter’s Google Plus URL (optional)
- Facebook – Enter the lead presenter’s Facebook URL (optional)
- LinkedIn – Enter the lead presenter’s LInkedIn URL (optional)
- Co-Presenters – Please enter names of any co-presenters. Please note that lead presenters are responsible for communicating presentation information to any co-presenters.
- Additional Notes – Is there anything else the Mobile2012 team should know about your proposal?